A coil wrapping machine getting an annular body
According to Claim 4, wherein said bridge section includes a latching means for unlatching said unlatchable section of said flexible strand and a drive means for retracting said bridge section from the central opening of the torroidal workpiece, said control means being configured to effect said retraction of said bridge section in response to said latch means effecting an unlatching of said flexible strand, the torroidal coil wrapping machine.
6. The torroidal coil wrapping machine according to Claim 5, wherein said flexible strand is a chain comprising plural links; and wherein said unlatchable section is defined by two of said links being connected to one another by a latching member.
7. According to Claim 6, wherein said bridge section is comprised of coaxially aligned first and second sections movable toward and away from each other, so that when said sections are moved toward one another, they contact one another to form a continuous bridge section, and wherein a lock for said chain is oriented on each of the opposite sides of said latching member for locking said chain to said first and second sections, the torroidal coil wrapping machine.
8. According to Claim 7, wherein each said lock is composed of a member with an extendible probe secured to a respective one of said first and second sections, said probe being configured to be received between a selected pair of chain links on each side of said latching member to hold a part of the chain adjacent said latching member fixed to said first and second sections, the torroidal coil wrapping machine.
9. The torroidal coil wrapping machine according to Claim 2, wherein said platform is provided on a trolley that is supported for movement in a direction parallel to said axis of said central opening,- wherein said bridge section includes support means supporting said bridge section for retraction from said central opening; and wherein said control means is configured to allow movement of said trolley to a position whereat said central opening is aligned to receive said bridge section therethrough only when said bridge section is in a retracted position.
10. According to Claim 9, wherein said trolley has location indicating means thereon; and wherein said control means is configured to effect a stopping of said trolley in response to a signal specific of said location indicating means, the torroidal coil wrapping machine.
11. The torroidal coil wrapping machine according to Claim 1, wherein said annular frame is comprised of a pair of horizontally spaced and parallel plates between which said flexible strand is guided.